The RFP Specialist/Manager will play an active role in researching and responding to RFx’s, developing, and customizing written proposals/surveys, and working on related PowerPoint presentations, and research resources.
Core Job Duties
- Research, author and edit responses to specific questions contained within RFP’s. Often this will require a strong ability to work autonomously in order to complete a specific question.
- Partner with team to create accurate, persuasive, and cogent responsive documents.
- Serve as the responsible leader in facilitating responses from the RFP response team assembled for each project
- Schedule and conduct productive RFP team project meetings
- Be flexible to work non-business hours to accommodate team schedules and deadlines
- Possess a high level of responsibility, drive, and self-motivation to meet very specific RFP response deadlines as set forth by clients.
- Attend bidders’ conferences and communicate directly with clients as needed
- Identify and research non-standard requests – develop responses as needed.
- Be responsible for maintaining the RFP proposal database.
- Keep the proposal database current, on-message, well-written and accurate. Function as liaison regularly with subject matter experts, IT, to revise and improve answers in the proposal database.
- Further develop, update, and create useful supporting documentation for responding to RFPs and proposals.
- Assists in improving proposal writing abilities by evaluating and if necessary, re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and establishing templates; implementing any necessary changes.
- Registrations and survey responses for Business Development
- With input from management, review and update proposal templates and accompanying standard presentations.
- On proposals, provide primary writing or editing support, crafting benefits-driven proposals that are accurate, detailed, persuasive, and responsive to client needs.
- Help author and / or refine custom PowerPoint slides for meetings.
- BA in English, Marketing, Communications, or similar field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English)
- 4+ years’ experience preferably in proposal writing, editing, or marketing role
- Ability to work in a project-based team environment with continuous cooperation and interaction with various team members on a daily basis; initiative-taker
- Technology savvy and highly organized; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, research, compile, and analyze data; deliver results under pressure, make decisions, write persuasively, and technically; present to diverse audiences; creatively solve problems; negotiate win-win conflict resolutions.
- Detail and process oriented
- Review and identify Request for Proposals (RFPs) by conducting regular web based research to explore RFPs and opportunities.
- Review identified RFPs with business and proposal team to decide which proposals to submit, developing the project proposals as per the requirement.
- Experience using online RFP event portals (e.g., Ariba / SAP, Scout, Workday)
Measures of success:
- Quality of RFPs
- Timeliness of RFPs
- RFP ‘win’/’success’ rates, i.e., progression to next stage of sales process
P – SK